Linux System Administrator
U.S.NEXT, a 20+ year-old web development company with a casual atmosphere and a team-focused work environment is seeking a full-time Linux System Administrator. Applicants must live (or be willing to move to) the Jackson, Mississippi, metro area and have a minimum of 2 years on-the-job experience (4+ years preferred). Duties include:
- Management of all Linux infrastructure technology
- Launch new websites to hosting servers and keep CMS software up to date
- Coordinate and implement software upgrades and patches
- Author and maintain system/network documentation
- Collaborate with other team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
Ideal hires should have
- Minimum 2 years experience in Linux systems administration
- In-depth knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Experience with Apache, Drupal, and WordPress
- In-depth knowledge of email, web, and database server administration
- Solid Knowledge of Networking and networking protocols
- Familiarity with Drupal and/or WordPress CMS
- Scripting (BASH, Python, and PowerShell, for example)
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and willingness to self-document
- Good troubleshooting skills and persistence
Must be a U.S. resident. We provide a competitive salary, plus bonuses. Benefits include health, life, dental, 401k retirement plan with employer match, plus paid holidays and vacation.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.